Money Insurance Cover is not usually arranged separately from other business insurances, and is often included in Package Insurances, and can be added to larger more complex business risks – an expert account manager will be able to advise.
Almost all businesses handle money in some form – cash, cheques, credit card slips and bankers’ drafts, making this form of insurance essential for businesses large and small.
A Money Insurance Policy covers loss of business money on business premises, or when carried by the insured or other employees, and personal accident cover is also included for those carrying money. It will even cover a small amount of cash at the home of directors or employees, both in and after business hours.
Why you should consider it:
- Essential protection of financial assets
- Protection for employees and others who transport monies
- Peace of mind security, minimising disruption to your business
- May cover exclusions from other fire insurance policies
Policy features can include:
- Money in transit to and from banks, carried by insured or employees
- Personal assault cover
- Money on business premises, in or out of safes
- Personal and safe damages
- Cover for money in the home of employee or director
- Cover for money in safety deposits